Sunday, April 21, 2013

“Is This Bad; is My Life (as a Man) Over as I Know it”

Last night I was hanging out with my girlfriend (believe it or not I actually have one...and it's not the blow up kind either) watching a little TV. After the show we were watching was over, we decided to try the game we just picked up, which was You Don’t Know Jack. We played a few matches and she won most of them, honestly I wasn’t really too concerned with the outcome because I always knew she was smarter than me...which is pretty much the case for any other couple too.

I then figured, let’s play something that I knew for sure I would beat her in, so I put in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. As silly as it sounds, I wanted to end the night with both of us knowing I was the superior gamer out of the two of us...and the pants wearer in the family

So I’m standing there beating on my chest like I was Tarzan and she was Jane as I popped in the disc. I sat beside her on the couch and it was on, we picked our fighters and we were off, and I was feeling pretty confident that I was about to administer a butt whooping. The fight starts and at first we’re pretty even, then out of nowhere my first guy is knocked out, then the second, finally the third falls...I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

After the match, she let out this little school girl like giggle and said “you let me win” and of course me being the gentleman I am, I agreed. I had to redeem myself so we went again, this time I won but not by much. She suggested we do best two out of three, I thought in my head I didn’t want to take any more chances, so I tried a Jedi mind trick on her. I waived my hand in front of her face, telling her we already played three times and I won twice, so I was the ultimate winner.

I could tell she wasn’t really buying it, so I turned the system off in a huff and went it to the bedroom, of course with my tail between my legs...and now wearing the dress. I know for the most part Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a button masher, but come on, this was like something out of the Twilight Zone...she doesn’t even play video games that often.

I don’t mind losing to a girl, but not to one who asks me to hand her the joystick (get your mind out of the gutter) instead of a controller.

MJM

No comments:

Post a Comment