Monday, April 8, 2013

“Crazy Video Game Related Stories”

The other day while I was out I overheard these two kids talking…one said to the other…"I can't believe you would do that to me and after I took a bullet for you". Now, I don't normally eavesdrop...I swear I don't...but after hearing something like that I just had to find out what was going on.

These kids were only about fifteen or so and as white as Casper the friendly ghost so it struck me as odd...not that white kids from the burbs can't be gang bangers and all…but c'mon man…these two gits were about as hard as a roll of Charmin.

There was no doubt in my mind that if either of these two were in prison they would be hanging on to some big dudes belt loop and calling him daddy...and occasionally being sold for cigs.

I'm not trying to sound stereotypical but these two kids weren't exactly what you would picture in your mind when you thought of gang bangers and they certainly weren't old enough to be in any wars…so I knew something was out of sorts.

Wanting to find out the rest of the story, thinking maybe these two were Columbine survivors or something like that, I asked him what he meant.

He proceeded to inform that last night while playing Call of Duty online he let an enemy opponent kill him so his friend could escape…can you believe that crap. What is going on with kids nowadays…are they all crazy…or am I just an old fogey?

Needless to say I couldn't even respond…at least in a civil manner…so I just gave myself a facepalm and walked away with a quickness.

MJM


1 comment: