Sunday, February 17, 2013

"Game Over"

Just like any other gamer I hate to die while playing a video game (and of course in real life too) but unfortunately more times the not, I do. Me being the suck butt kind of player I am today, I do die...and I die a lot...so I get to experience all the different "Game Over" screens. After one of my deaths today I started to wonder, what games have the worst "Game Over" moments...you know, the games that really rub it in and make you feel like crap for dying.

I used to believe it was the Call of Duty games while playing multiplayer, they have those killcams that show how your demise came about...letting you relive the horror over again. However, after thinking about it for a bit I realized that the killcam was actually a pretty useful tool you could use to your advantage. Watching it allows you to see where the person, or better yet, the punk ass mo fo was hiding who took you out. So unless you're a complete moron you won't make the same mistake again and now you'll actually be able to sneak up behind them and take them out...which by the way is very gratifying.

After ruling out Call of Duty, my next choice would have to be the God of War games. Mainly because they don't just say "Game Over" they bust out with a very matter-of-factly "You Are Dead"...just incase you had any doubts or delusions to the contrary.

The main game that drove me to wanting to drop kick my television many times over would have to be Duck Hunt for the NES. I know it sounds silly but I couldn't stand when that stupid dog would pop up from the grass and laugh at me when I did poorly. I could be wrong but I do think to a certain extent this could be considered an early form of cyber bullying. To this day I still wake up in cold sweats some nights after having nightmares about that stupid dog...some people have flashbacks from the war, I have them from playing Duck Hunt.

I'm sure there are many others I'm missing but my memory isn't what it used to be, it is a side effect of getting older, your mind goes and may experience anal seepage, headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurred vision. If any of these symptoms occur please consult your doctor right away, if all of them occur...wipe your butt, say your goodbyes and consult a mortician.

By the way, why is it called "game over"...when in all reality it's not? All you have to do is press the start button and you're ready to go again. Shouldn't it be called something like "to be continued" or maybe even "game over...or is it"?

MJM

No comments:

Post a Comment