Wednesday, March 4, 2015

“From Madrid with Love”


Guess what party people; The Nerdy Side of Life has a very special guest for you today!

She’s hotter than a habanero, cooler than a cucumber and it’s her life’s work to scare the shit out of you, and she does it well.

She’s an actress, a writer, a producer and Spain’s greatest export since, well forever.

Please show some mad love to Mari Cielo Pajares!

Sit right back a check out what she has to say in regards to her best assets, her thoughts on the genre as a whole and her upcoming projects...and fellas please keep your pants on when reading this, not hating just saying.

(Please remember there is a little bit of a language barrier, so keep that in mind when you’re reading)


1. What projects are you currently working on, and when can we expect to see them?

Right now I have 4 going on. 1st one is a short film, 1 location 1 actor & 1 shocking ending. 2nd is a pilot of a horror/thriller anthology series I want to shoot probably at the end of this year. 3rd I'll be starring the feature film "Obsesión Sangrienta" from Spaniard director Ruben Dos Santos in October. The 4th one I'm not allowed to talk about it yet but I promise I'll be around in your blog to tell you all about it as soon as I have the green light!

2. We’ve all heard of women using their sex appeal to get them out of trouble, so we were wondering if you have, and what was the situation?

I never considered myself sexy. I think when we women try to dress or act sexy, this behavior is part of a complex, in my opinion we try to overcome this complex by over exposing, I do have a lot of complex.

Now to use sex or sensuality to be able to achieve something in my moral code I would consider that prostitution. I never used it for my benefit, I get sexy with the man that I feel attracted to, and I don't like to send mixed signals, if I like a man he will know.

3. How do you feel about the horror genre as a whole?

Passionate will be the word if I have to choose one. I'm not a fan of gore though. I like the kind of horror that can terrify you with no need of showing guts. If you can make the audience tremble with a situation, surprise and scare them with no need of sever sfx you have a great script in my humbled opinion.

4. How would you describe yourself, a sex symbol, a seductive sultress or a prude princess?

None of the above.

I'm a human being with needs. I'm 38 years old now. When I was young I was wilder, I was trying to make a point, over exposed, mark my territory and demand freedom by dressing a little too sexy or even been in the cover of a magazines.

As I said before, being a person with a complex made you make a lot of mistakes, then when you are older you realize it’s nonsense and you care very little about what the people think about you. You just care about being honest to others and what is most important, to yourself.

5. Who in Hollywood would you like to work with, and why?

I would give almost anything to be directed as an actress by M. Night Shyamalan. I would love to direct Joaquin Phoenix and Daniel Kaluuya (Black Mirror). I would also be thrilled to write & produced for Syfy.

6. Video games, an immature kid’s toy or a great way to pass time and kill some mutha fugging zombies?

How people entertain themselves and search for a good time and happiness is NEVER immature. We are in this life for a minute, if you waste your time judging others or forcing yourself to do what others would call "mature" good luck been an unhappy m....f.... Personally I'm weird, I'm a HUGE fan of Resident Evil saga and God of War, but I do like to read ANY book about Mythology I find (Greek, Egyptian, Nordic...ANY!).

7. What are some of your favorite movies/television shows, books and/or bands today?

I have such a large list that I will bore you to death, but if I have just to choose a couple TV shows: "Supernatural", "Helix", "American Horror Story" Netflix: "Hemlock Grove" and "House of Cards". Books: "Full Dark No Stars" and "Bulfinch's Mythology" Bands: (I'm soooo classic) I like Billy Idol when I feel happy happy joy joy and to encourage myself, Mozart and Bach when I want to relax, concentrate, focus or just suck the pain of something.

8. When in danger you become an ass kicking badass like Ronda Rousey, or a helpless damsel in distress like in one of those lame animated Disney movies?

I always been a bad ass, sometimes to the point that my ego writes checks that my muscles can't afford, but to be REALLY honest the one time I had to be strong was when they found a lump in my breast and they had to do a biopsy and I behaved like a little scared kid, showing to myself I'm not all that tough. Thankfully it was benign, but I learned a lot about myself, I probably don't like me, but I accept me how I am.

9. Proud to be indie, or one day do you hope to make it mainstream?

Who tells you that they don't want the budget of The Lord if the Rings for their production is a LIAR!!! One thing I adore from being indie is the fight. Is SO HARD to make a project happen that when you finally do it, you feel like you just sat your ass in the F.... throne of Game of Thrones! You taste the victory sooooo good! Just the fact of making a production happen as an indie is a victory!

Another thing that I like is the crowdfunding campaigns, before the audience was forced to watch whatever some rich people wish to produce at that moment, today people have a voice! If you like a project you donate for that campaign and help making happen whatever you want to see produced!

The audience has the force not only some privilege ones.

10. One night alone with any person, or if you’re feeling a little frisky, any people in the world, who would it be?  

I like to have my privacy in this point, I do have a couple but in case I wouldn't have it, I don't think it would be prudent to answer this question in an interview, my chances of making that dream a reality would decrease a LOT.


Well there you have it you freaks, Mari Cielo Pajares unplugged and wide open like a good book for all to read. I hope you enjoyed what she had to say and please make sure to show her some love on Twitter @MCpajares and see what’s she’s been up to by clicking here.



Her latest endeavor, a sci-fi suspense/thriller TV series called STYX! Sounds awesome, right? She needs your help with making it a reality, so check it out and see what you can do. Every little bit helps! Don't worry if you can't donate, because you can always help by simply spreading the word.



MJM

No comments:

Post a Comment