Thursday, January 2, 2014

“The Nerdy Side of Life: New Years Resolutions”

Here’s another new year, so I guess it’s time to make some of those “resolutions” that I really don’t plan on keeping just to make myself, and society, feel better about who we are and for eating/spending too much during this past holiday season.

I’m not really sure how a new number on the calendar will mean a new and better life for me, but what can I say, we are told to do it so I’m going to be a good little boy and do as I’m told…especially with the NSA keeping tabs on me.

My resolutions are as follows, and in no particular order:

I will... 

Play more video games; I will also clean out my backlog and not allow all the hype over the PS4/Xbox One to sway me into buying one and breaking the bank in the process.

Tell as many people as possible about The Walking Dead, about how good the show is and how they should be watching it, because if it goes off the air for poor rating I’m going to be really pissed.

Start a ban on any so-called “new” music, television show and/or movie that is just a remake of something older, that way people will need to come up with something fresh and original.

Set up my house to look like Sheldon’s apartment from The Big Bang Theory, then drug all my friends and dress them up like the characters on the show, that way I would have my own life-size playset. Bazinga!

Play in some toxic waste and/or radiation with the hopes of becoming a superhero, or supervillain, all depending on my mood at the time of the experiment.

Fight to get Michael Bay kicked out of Hollywood, at least the part that is responsible for taking our beloved 80s franchises and making them into movies, because if you haven’t noticed yet, he sucks like Monica Lewinsky.

Well there you have it; those are my New Years resolutions for this year…wish me luck.

MJM

6 comments:

  1. You to funny like to see you start a band. Happy New Year lets continue this journey keep in touch.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bazinga! Love the Lewinsky reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lofty goals. Can I play the Amy Farah Fowler character? That was my Halloween costume, and it was scary how little I had to do to look just like her :/
    Here's to a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it dudette...we will rock this year like nobody's business.

      Delete