Friday, June 14, 2013

“I’m a Cyber-Hoarder”

When it comes to games like Skyrim and Fallout, I have a problem…I’m a cyber-hoarder. Now this may not seem like a big deal to some…but I know it’s not a good thing…and to a certain extend it hinders my gameplay experience.

I find myself looting everyone and anything I can get my grubby little hands on…taking things I don’t need and most likely will never use. I take so much crap that my guy can’t even run…he’s walking along like a snail…and very well equipped snail…but nevertheless still a snail.

I’m killing everyone I come across…friend or foe it doesn’t matter…because when they’re lying on the ground dead I can loot them and that’s all that matters. Am I sick…maybe…am I crazy…most likely…but do I have a lot of fun while doing it…heck yeah I do.

I also make sure to have a dwelling in these games…and not so that I am protected from the elements and the dangerous that lurk…but so I have a place to store my stuff. I find that I spend just as much time sorting through my stuff…as I do playing the game…and that is not good.

I got chests, dressers and closets full of useless crap…some of which is really cool and probably would have been a lot of fun to use while playing…but oh well at least I had it all stored away nice and safe…all thanks to my stupid obsession.

You want to know how bad I have it…I’m even carrying and storing things I know have absolutely no use and/or value whatsoever…things like eating utensils, random clothes and even empty bottles. I even have a special place for this stuff in my dwelling...it’s like the junk drawer in the kitchen…and I’m ashamed to admit it’s full.

What am I to do…I know they have TV shows for real life hoarders…but what about us cyber-hoarders…where can we go for help!? Is there a YouTube channel, Facebook or even a MySpace that can help people like me…or am I just out of luck?

How can someone overcome this obsession…there are so many cool gadgets, gear and weapons to collect in these games and I want it all…even if I don’t use any of it. I know some would say just stop…but that is a lot easier said than done. Some may also say to not play games like Skyrim and Fallout…and my response to them would be, “yeah right”…these games freaking rock.

I guess I will just continue down the path I’m on…regardless of how destructive it is. I know I’m wasting a lot of time by playing this way…but I’m okay with that…because when all is said and done it is actually a lot of fun. Don’t ask me why…because I don’t know…it just feels right.

MJM

2 comments:

  1. SKYRIM! BAH! Curse you SKYRIM!

    *Ahem*

    Now that I've regained my composure, my Skyrim addicted husband is also a cyber hoarder. At least I think he is-I leave him alone while he plays with his various toys. There was something about a bow, or an ax, or some sort of lethal weapon and a zillion other things. I zoned out immediately...

    If there was a working dishwasher or someone to mow my lawn in that collection of hoarded stuff, I might be more interested.

    I'm kidding MJ, Really I'm kidding!

    *mutters under breath* ...curse...you...skyrim...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so hurt...you hate me...and Skyrim. I thought we were down like four flats baby...what happened!? You should really try Skyrim...you never know you might like it...you may actually have all those things you wish for because you will be playing and your husband will have nothing better to do.

      Delete