Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Lying to Beat Your Friends at Video Games...on the Next Dr. Phil"

Have you ever lied to your friend(s), imaginary or real, when playing video games against them...just so you could beat them?

When my friends and I would play fighting games together and I would find out how to pull off a "special move", they would ask me how I did that. My friends, thinking that our relationship really meant more to me than whipping their buttocks in the game really thought I was going to tell them how I pulled the move off...boy were they wrong.

My response was always the same, "I don't know how I did it, I just keep randomly pushing buttons"...oh c'mon don't look at me like that, you know you did it before too. They finally realized I was lying after about the tenth time I "accidentally" pulled the move off in a row, but by that time it was too late and I already won the match. What can I say, when you're good you're good.

Every once in a while they would do the same thing to me, but I would just throw down the controller and storm out of the room calling them a cheater, because I'm a real man and that's how we handle our business. Back in the days of corded controllers, if I was losing I would yank the cord of their controller thus making the controller itself come flying out of their hands, giving me a few seconds to do what I had to do to win...just another reason why you should buy/use corded controllers.

I was lucky because if none of my so-called "cheating" moves worked, I had people in my life who were pretty low...and they don't mind going lower if you know what I mean. I just had to say the word and this problem (my ex-friend who beat me) will be solved and all it would cost me was a six pack of beer...and they didn't care if it was the cheap beer either. My family works pretty cheap and they get the job done.

MJM

4 comments:

  1. Cheater, cheater pumpkin eater! I was terrible at losing, but I wasn't good enough at video games to cheat. If I was, I'm sure I would've. Board games, I would convince others that my rules were the right ones. I learned that one from my Mom. She cheated at card games like a boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't always have to be "good enough" to cheat...just sneaky enough...that's the way I did it.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I have been lied to by older brothers my entire life, struggled with the sweaty-palm syndrome (you should write about that if you haven't already. I'm sure there are many who suffer and could use the support). Worst of all was the physical abuse I had to endure playing multi-player games. I had a nintendo paddle thrown at my bare thigh for "rushing" someone during their concentration, that left me with a welt for a week, not to mention the half an hour of rolling around the floor I did when the assault occured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you're a hardcore gamer for real...and you got the scars to prove it.

      After the person hit you with the paddle, why didn't you wrap them up in the power pad and punch the poop out of them with the power glove...I know that's what I would have done.

      Delete